Thankfully humanity is freed from the scourge of a third Hillary and Bill Clinton crime family co-presidency – she in the lead role with her finger on the nuclear trigger as US military commander-in-chief, perhaps eager to squeeze it.
Newsweek magazine jumped the gun, printing a special edition, distributing it to outlets before November 8 – Hillary on the cover below the heading “MADAM PRESIDENT.”
Shades of November 3, 1948, the Chicago Tribune headlining “DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN.” A beaming President HST held up a copy of the broadsheet, saying: “That ain’t the way I heard it!”
Like polls predicted a Hillary victory this electoral cycle, they said Dewey would defeat Truman back then – wrong both times.
Madam president wasn’t to be. Some day eventually in America, someone other than Hillary. Overnight Tuesday, her political career ended with a bang, not a whimper.
If it was Christmas, we’d sing Joy to the World. Hold the cheers for Trump. He’s no populist leader, his policies less than people friendly. His “Contract with the American Voter” includes disturbing promises he’ll pursue as president.
A previous article discussed them. Here are the lowlights:
- Let business operate as regulation-free as possible, facilitating greater corporate predation.
- Direct the Treasury security to declare China a currency manipulator – on the one hand wanting better relations with Russia, he says; on the other, contesting China’s economic policy unfairly.
- Allow unrestricted fossil fuel production, instead of prioritizing development and use of alternative green energy sources.
- Authorize construction of the environmentally destructive Keystone Pipeline and similar projects.
- Cancel US participation in UN climate change programs.
- Replace Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia with someone matching his right-wing extremism.
- Cancel federal funding for Sanctuary Cities.
- Mass deport millions of undocumented (largely Latino) immigrants.
- Cancel visas to foreign countries unwilling to take them back.
- Suspend immigration from so-called “terror-prone regions,” largely the Middle East, ignoring America’s responsibility for creating ISIS and likeminded groups.
- Simplify the tax code from seven to three brackets.
- Cut taxes, largely benefitting high-income Americans.
- Cut the corporate tax rate (few firms pay) from 35 – 15%.
- Replace Obamacare with health savings accounts – swapping one failed system for a worse one.
- Cut approval red tape to let inadequately tested drugs be offered for sale.
- Build a wall along America’s border with Mexico, its government funding the cost.
- Increase America’s gulag prison system population by imposing mandatory minimum sentences for undocumented immigrants reentering the country after being deported.
- Get tougher on crime and so-called illicit drugs than already.
- Increase funding and other resources for already militarized state and local police.
Additional policies he’ll pursue include greater support for Israel than already, including recognizing Jerusalem as its capital, breaching international law.
He wants the Iran nuclear deal abolished. He’ll likely ignore it rather than rescind an international agreement involving seven countries, including the five permanent Security Council members.
He wants a more robust, expanded US military instead of major cutbacks needed along with ending all imperial wars.
He saved humanity from the scourge of nuclear war on Russia, while unlikely to pursue peace over war in multiple theaters involving US forces or their surrogates.
A new dawn won’t arrive in America under his leadership. Expect dirty business as usual to continue – short of devastating nuclear war.
Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago. He can be reached at [email protected] His new book as editor and contributor is titled « Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III. » http://www.claritypress.com/LendmanIII.html Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com. Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.