Print

The De Facto Exclusion of Malaysia from the MH17 Dutch Safety Board (DSB) Investigation. « Malaysia was Denied full Access and Privileges to the Probe »
Par Veena Babulal
Mondialisation.ca, 24 octobre 2015
New Straits Times
Url de l'article:
https://www.mondialisation.ca/the-de-facto-exclusion-of-malaysia-from-the-mh17-dutch-safety-board-dsb-investigation-malaysia-was-denied-full-access-and-privileges-to-the-probe/5484206

[Originally published by New Straits Times, The above title by GR]

The [Malaysian] Transport Ministry today said Malaysia was not given full access and privileges into the Dutch Safety Board’s (DSB) investigation into the downing of Malaysia Airlines MH17.

Responding to points made in the DSB final report on the incident, which stated that Malaysia did not extend its full cooperation in the initial stage of the investigation, Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi said this was because Malaysia’s role was not honoured as it denied full access and privileges to the probe.

He said the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) was not made a full member in the joint investigation and unlike other members, Malaysian representatives were only granted limited access.

We were the owner of the aircraft. How can we be prevented full access?

We could not view the aircraft and were not invited to attend certain meetings.

« In the end, we cooperated when they gave us full access after acknowledging our role. It even says so in the news report, » said Abdul Aziz, referring to a recent foreign news article alleging Malaysia’s initial reluctance to cooperate.

The article had also claimed that Malaysia Airlines had delayed the DSB probe by denying investigators access to its employees and documents.

Aziz also said the report was one-sided.

On the claim, Aziz told reporters to seek further clarification from the airline.

The report by Australia News Corp had criticised Malaysia for suspending assistance into the investigation and claimed that Malaysia was conducting its own probe “to exonerate itself.”

MH17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down over Donetsk in eastern Ukraine on July 17 last year, killing all 298 people onboard.

 Tjibbe Joustra, Chairman of the Dutch Safety Board (DSB/OVV), speaks during a press conference to present the report findings of the Dutch Safety Board in Gilze Rijen, The Netherlands, 13 October 2015.  EPA

Tjibbe Joustra, Chairman of the Dutch Safety Board (DSB/OVV), speaks during a press conference to present the report findings of the Dutch Safety Board in Gilze Rijen, The Netherlands, 13 October 2015. EPA

Copyright New Straits Times 2015

Link to original article:  

http://www.nst.com.my/news/2015/10/transport-ministry-explains-msia’s-“reluctance”-cooperate-mh17-probe?d=1

Avis de non-responsabilité: Les opinions exprimées dans cet article n'engagent que le ou les auteurs. Le Centre de recherche sur la mondialisation se dégage de toute responsabilité concernant le contenu de cet article et ne sera pas tenu responsable pour des erreurs ou informations incorrectes ou inexactes.